At last night's meeting, we presented one check to Becky Reilly on behalf of Kreider Services with an amount of $976.00. We also will be presenting two other checks, at a later date, to our Lee Co Special Ed & Lee Co. Special Olympics those too will be the same amount. This money came from the Council # 690 Tootsie Roll Drive that was held in September.
Father Keith Romke
Deputy Grand Knight
3 Year Trustee
2 Year Trustee
1 Year Trustee
Delegate to the State Convention
Alternate to Delegate
Insurance Field Agent
Insurance General Agent
Paul D. Kehoe
What is the Knights of Columbus?
The Knights of Columbus was organized in Dixon in June of 1902 by John Ford, John Erwin and other Catholic men. Council 690 works closely with the St. Anne's, and St. Patrick's Parish in Dixon, providing funds for various projects and hours of volunteer service for the Community.
Who are the Knights?
The Knights of Columbus is the world's largest Catholic family fraternal service organization with 1.7 million members. It provides members and their families with volunteer opportunities in service to the Catholic Church, their communities, families and young people.
As a member of the Knights of Columbus you and your family enjoy many benefits, including 12 free issues annually of Columbia magazine, the world's largest Catholic family magazine, eligibility to join the Knights of Columbus top-ranked life insurance program, (see our insurance agent on the Officers page!), and many more family and personal benefits. Benefits of being a member of your local council: Church Activities, Youth Activities, Family Activities, Community Service and Council Activities.
How to Join
Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to practicing Catholic men in union with the Holy See, who are at least 18 years old. A practicing Catholic is one who lives up to the Commandments of God and the precepts of the Church. Application blanks are available from any member of the Knights of Columbus.
When are the Meetings?
Meetings take place on every first and third Monday of the month at 7:30 PM, unless there is a national holiday. If the schools are closed or let out early, then the meeting is postponed until the day that the schools open again.
Our First Grand Knight
John E. Ford
Council 690's First Grand Knight
John E. Ford was the first Grand Knight of Dixon Knights of Columbus Council 690.
Eleanor Ford Kenward
John E. Ford's Daughter
This is John E. Ford's daughter. She is currently about 102 years of age!
NOT FROM HERE?
View Mass times for parishes worldwide by visiting masstimes.org!
KC Hall Rental
The knights are trying to utilize the hall for more events. We have such a beautiful building and we offer a complete event experience, including bar, kitchen and event hall. Please help us and participate in the events we offer to you and the public. If you are interested in hall rentals or know somebody that might be, please contact the Knights hall at 815-288-1821 or Tim Stover at 815-288-2984
DIXON KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS RENTAL RULES
Renters must be a member of Council #690 or sponsored by a member of the council.
1. Deposit of $100.00 required upon signature of agreement, balance of rental fees due 15 days prior to the event and all beverage and keg fees are due the night of the event.
2. Reimbursement of any damages to Knights of Columbus Hall or its property is the responsibility of the signed lessor.
3. Knights of Columbus will not be responsible for stolen items.
4. Food must be catered or prepared before it is brought to the hall.
The kitchen can be used to reheat or store food prior to event if rented; otherwise, no access will be available.
5. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR POP are NOT ALLOWED to be brought into hall. All beverages Must Be purchased through the bar.
6. Knights of Columbus are responsible for providing the bartenders.
7. Events cancelled will FORFEIT deposit.
8. Lessee is responsible for set up and take down of tables and chairs. All tables and chairs moved from bar room need to be returned. All chairs removed from rack & closet need to be returned. All tables used from under stage must be put back.
9. All tables must be cleared off and garbage disposed to dumpster following the end of the event.
10. Knights of Columbus janitor will clean up after event for an additional fee.
11. NO decorations will be HUNG FROM THE CEILING; OR TAPED. TACKED OR STAPLED TO THE WALLS.
12. Knights of Columbus reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time if these rules are broken or disobeyed.
For information or questions concerning these rules contact Tim Stover @ 815-288-2984 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM (Please leave a message if there is no answer)